|Rookie showing 4-feet-on.|
And Rookie just received his Training Level title: PKD-T!
Woot, woot :). In order to receive a title, you have to submit videos of your dog performing each of the behaviors called for in each title level. Here is Rookie's Training Level Title video:
The Training Level (Parkour Dog in Training PKD-T) consists of these behaviors:
*Dog must complete one obstacle outside
- 4 feet on: Dog approaches an obstacle and places all four feet in no particular order onto the obstacle in a safe manner and remains on the obstacle for at least 5 seconds. Two different obstacles must be used, and at least one much be at least elbow height. Be sure that we can see the dog getting on and off each obstacle.
- 2 feet on: Dog walks up to obstacle and places two front feet onto the obstacle and remains on the obstacle for at least 5 seconds. The object must be at least elbow height.
- Under: Dog crouches down and passes under an obstacle shorter than head height.
- Through (between two obstacles): Two obstacles must be less than dog's body length apart from each other. The dog must pass through these two obstacles with confidence.
- In: Dog must safely walk into or hop into an obstacle that has four sides. All four feet must remain in the obstacle for 5 seconds.
- Balance: Balance across an obstacle that is twice shoulder width or narrower and 3 times longer than dog. Dog must have all four feet on obstacle and safely walk across it.
- Creativity: Owner chooses and demonstrates two different parkour behaviors that can be done with a single obstacle. For example, a dog may do an under and an on using the same obstacle. The behaviors must be parkour behaviors and not just tricks.
|Seriously, can it get any cuter than a dog in a box?!?!|
We're off to work on our Novice Title behaviors :)!!