Friday, February 8, 2013

OHH BACON!!!

In honor of Baconfest that is occuring tomorrow, I decided to make bacon treats for the dogs. Sadly, I am not going to attend Baconfest and neither are my dogs, so this was our pathetic awesome at-home celebration. Again, I got this recipe from Doggie Dessert Chef because she is awesome and the recipes get emailed directly to me, haha.

YUM, BACON......

 

 

 

Ingredients

1/4 cup Apple Sauce
3 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Oat Flour


 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and take a straight edge and cut the dough horizontally and then vertically to make a grid (I used a bread knife).
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until browned at the edges.
5. Cool and break into pieces, then refrigerate.

This is a picture from Doggy Dessert Chef - mine never
turn out that pretty! :)



















Here is a video of Monday mostly doing a happy dance for Bacon - never mind the idiot person doing the filming :) . CLICK HERE


Some Bacon humor for the day :)

Homer: I'll have the smiley face bacon breakfest special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus  bacon hair, bacon mustache, five o'clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body.
Waitress: How about I just shove a pig down your throat?
(Homer looks excited!)
Waitress: I was kidding.
Homer: Fine, but the bacon man lives in a bacon house!

Now really, who doesn't love Bacon!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment