Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Better Ingredients, Better ELVIS

In celebration of today - Elvis's birthday - we made Elvis cookies last night! I only remember this date every year because one of my long-time friends is a huge Elvis fan :). And since you can't go wrong with peanut butter and bananas, I thought I'd give the dogs a taste of the gloriousness. Again, I got this recipe from the Doggie Dessert Chef, I'm not baking-ly inclined enough to come up with these things on my own!

Carob Elvis Cookies


Love this stuff!!



Ingredients:
1 medium Banana, mashed
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Yogurt
1/2 cup Oats
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 tablespoons Carob Powder





Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
  • In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well. (make sure dogs are properly suffering...)
Baron and his drool...
  • Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with your choice of cookie cutter.
I chose a cute little flower shape :)
  • Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
  • And Voila! Feed to hungry, starving pooches...


They are mostly patient when waiting for the timer to go off...

I think Rookie is still hungry.... what a cute sad face though!

 

I think I have something tonight that's not quite correct for evening wear. Blue suede shoes. ~ Elvis

No comments:

Post a Comment