Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Liebster Award

Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you to my nominator from the blog

 The Kitty Corner!




I'm relatively new to the blogging world and was not familiar with the Liebster Award and what it really meant. So I jumped on my trusty Google browser and started searching. Most of the entries were other blog posts from blogs that had also received this award, so it seems legit :). I like awards. And the Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 200 followers to help spread the word about their blog. I like followers :).

I figure it's kind of like a chain letter - a blogger to blogger award. And even though it's a chain letter, it's still fun to get to know other bloggers! Apparently, liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Seriously, that is a lot of  adjectives for one damn word! Maybe some of my German friends can tell me if that's a real translation or just chain letter nonsense.

Right, so time to pay it forward. Liebster rules:
  1. List the nominator's blog on your blog roll with a link.
  2. Answer a set of 11 questions asked by the nominator.
  3. Provide a list of 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 11 qualified blogs (less than 200 followers) for the Liebster Award and let them know through a post on their blog page.
  5. Provide a set of 11 questions for the nominated blogs to answer.
  6. Display the award on your blog!

Questions for me to answer:

  1. Describe yourself in one word. Ridiculous (it's my favorite word right now).
  2. If you had a time machine, would you travel to the future or to the past? Past.
  3. What is your favorite city? Right now, it's Coronado, California since that was our last vacation.
  4. Do you write more than one blog? Nope (who has time for that?!?) :).
  5. What is your favorite time of day? Early morning, before anyone has a chance to screw up my day.
  6. If you could have lunch with a famous person, from past or present, who would it be? Plato, that dude was seriously knowledgeable.
  7. Coffee or tea? (Or neither?) Neither, I'm an alarmingly addicted Diet Coke drinker. Do they have soda drinker anonymous meetings?
  8. What is your favorite flower? That is hard to choose. I love ALL flowers but my favorite would probably be a Tiger Lily (they were in my wedding bouquet).
  9. What do you like best about blogging? Sharing my dogs with everyone :). They are pretty cool.
  10. What is your favorite season? Spring - birds chirping, flowers blooming, rain storms...
  11. What is your favorite movie? Gah, another hard question. I love TONS of movies, but I would have to say my all-time favorite is Boondock Saints......and Poolhall Junkies......and Highlander :).


Random factoids about myself:

  1. I could spend all day in a library
  2. I love to scrapbook
  3. My bed is one of my favorite places
  4. I rarely watch television
  5. I hold real conversations with my dogs (yes I realize they don't talk but they can still communicate)
  6. I try to experience as much live music as I can
  7. I love the smell of bonfires and freshly mowed grass
  8. Classic cars are fascinating
  9. I would love to live in the middle of a forest with no neighbors
  10. I can never learn enough
  11. I don't like society's throw-away attitude towards pets 

Questions for my nominees to answer:

  1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
  2. What is the best book you've read recently?
  3. List a pet peeve.
  4. What are your three favorite online shopping sites?
  5. You get to become a villain from a Disney movie for a day. Which villain are you?
  6. What is your favorite candy?
  7. If there was a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
  8. How would you spend your ideal day?
  9. What was the last thing you regret buying?
  10. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
  11. What is your favorite wine?

Drum Roll Please! Blogs I am nominating:

3 comments:

  1. http://doggirlpitbull.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! Bella says woof!

    http://shepherdingbella.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/liebster-blog-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete