Friday, January 31, 2014

Adventures in the Kitchen: Apple Cinnamon Bites

I have a grocery bag full of apples still sitting in my fridge. They are too far gone for me to eat (I can't stand them mushy) but I couldn't throw them out (that would be wasteful!!) so I dug out an old dog treat recipe. I don't know where this recipe came from, I've had it written in my recipe book for about 7 years now lol. But the dogs LOVE it.


Ingredients

1 large apple
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour




Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Core, slice and mince the apple.
  • In a large bowl, combine the minced apple, honey, water, cinnamon, and oatmeal. Gradually blend in the flour, adding enough to form a stiff dough.
  • Spoon the dough onto an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (or until browned around edges). Let cool.
Pretty cookies :).
I use a 1/2 tbsp measurer-thing to spoon out my dough.

These get four paws up at my house! And I approve because the baking cinnamon and apple makes my kitchen smell heavenly :). 



1 comment: