Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Rookie's More Than Fun Run

Since Bourbon is a lure coursing nut, I decided that see if Rookie would also like to participate. There were fun runs scheduled at the end of the CAT test last weekend so I went ahead and brought Rookie along to see how it would go :). I actually figured that he would be interested, but once he realized how far away from mom he was, he would come off the lure and run back to me. Boy was I wrong!

On the road! They were both very excited :)

Rookie was the BEST behaved dog all day while he waited his turn. He hung out in his crate and only cried when he heard Bourbon get all jazzed up for each of his runs. I couldn't believe how good of a boy he was with all the excitement. Apparently, he never ceases to amaze me :).

Waiting patiently for the fun runs to start....
And then it was his turn. He didn't know what was going on but he was glad to get out of his crate and stretch his legs :). Once he saw the lure move, he got REAL excited and even started screaming. He turned into a Bourbon Junior, we were so proud :). Needless to say he rocked and had a great time. He is going to have to work on his coordination - he somersaulted at every corner and totally came off the course with grass stains, LOL.

<all coursing photos courtesy of Sizzle Dog Photography>













You'll notice he has the most interesting faces when he runs - his lips are SO big they flap quite oddly in the wind :).

Do you think your dog would enjoy lure coursing?






1 comment:

  1. So cool! I love those photos! If he were the right color he would look like a cheetah in some of them. Sue ps. notice it's past my bedtime, as always when I'm on the Five Dog Blog. Once I start, I can't go to bed until I'm caught up reading it!

    ReplyDelete