Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doggie Desserts: Sweet Potato Drops (gluten-free)

As you can imagine with five dogs, I go through LOTS of treats. Mountains of treats. A plethora of treats. It can get expensive and sure I could treat them less, but where is the fun (and the reward) in that?!? So I started to periodically make treats at home. Now I can offer variety (because really, do you want the same snack over and over again multiple times a day every day?) and save money.

There are tons of recipes out there for food and treats for your lovely canines. I subscribe to a pretty awesome and amazing blog of canine treat recipes: Doggie Dessert Chef. I decided to try out her recipe for Sweet Potato and cheese treats (mostly because I have two sweet potatoes and have no idea what to do with them!). Plus these are gluten-free.

The dogs loved them! And since apparently, husbands frown on baking for the dogs and not for spouses, I also made some beer bread. :)



Baking















Waiting...mostly patiently























Cooling



















Finally enjoying!





















And for good measure - the bread

No comments:

Post a Comment