Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dog-aholic

Hello my name is Erin and I'm a dog-aholic.


I heard the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, so here I am, admitting I am addicted to dogs. I'm sure that surprised most of you <insert sarcastic tone there> but I spent three days last weekend working at the Cyclone Country Kennel Club obedience trial and conformation show. Three whole days of watching various breeds doing various things (conformation, all levels of obedience, all levels of rally). Can you imagine the delightful torture? :)

I'm pretty sure what my dog breed rainbow will consist of over the years. While Dobermans and Pit bulls will be always be near and dear to my heart (and always in my home!), I am eager to branch out and connect with several other breeds. Nicholas better be prepared because over the years we're going to add some flavor to our doggie household!

So without further ado, here is a listing (that I am sure will be updated as life progresses) of breeds I hope to live with someday (I linked them to their descriptions on Wikipedia because there was more information there than on the AKC website, ugh):

AKC Hound Group


AKC Working Group

Doberman Pinscher (of course!!)


AKC Terrier Group

Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Vito is a mix of this breed)


AKC Nonsporting Group

French Bulldog (I need one of these NOW!)


AKC Herding Group


AKC Miscellaneous Group


Breeds Not Recognized by the AKC

American Pitbull Terrier (of course!!)

So I guess that should cover me for the next 50 years or so, LOL. I have big ambitions I know :).

What are your favorite dog breeds and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment