Friday, March 8, 2013

Ode to Majestic

Our First family portrait.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr. Seuss

Today would have been Majestic's 13th birthday. For the past four years every time this day rolls around I feel slightly sad. But then I think about everything that has happened to me because Majestic shared my life and it ultimately makes me smile. Every time. For such a little dog she sure packed a powerful punch on my life.

This is in celebration of Majestic, enjoy!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them. Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. ~Thom Jones

The three amigos.


My Ode to Majestic

My cute little pocket pittie
Is as funny as can be
Pretending to be a contortionist
To catch a few zees


She loved her cuddle sessions
To be tucked into bed at night
Covered with warm blankies
Burrowing in with such delight


She wouldn't lie on the floor
Not comfortable enough you see
Seems she had a different idea
Of how to use a dog bed than me


While she had perfected sleeping
That wasn't all she loved to do
In her many active moments
She was like a swimming kangaroo


She brightened up each day
With a wag, kiss, or smile
Whenever you needed a friend 
She would go the extra mile


She made our family whole
For the short time she was here
And even though she's gone
In our hearts she'll always be near


Death ends a life, not a relationship. ~Jack Lemmon



3 comments:

  1. I like this :) her "domination" skills suddenly came to mind. LMAO! Oh baby Majestic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost included a picture of her humping skills, LOL. They were pretty well-known among her friends :).

      Delete
    2. love you... and majestic :)lots of memories

      Delete