Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Treats
When I first looked over this recipe, I have to admit, I got a bit overwhelmed. I'm not a very good baker, I mean HELLO I only bake dog treats because they don't care if they are ugly or don't taste good LOL, so the recipe at first glance was a bit intimidating. So I called Alison and made her come over and make them with me :). For disclosure sake - I did not use a hand mixer or a stand mixer (I don't even have one these!) nor was a paddle attachment (whatever that is) used. We used our hands, I guess they are our human paddle attachments, LOL.
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, use your paddle attachment (see paragraph above, LOL). Mix on low for about a minute or until the dough starts to come together. It won't be one big ball yet, but a bunch of smaller ones.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Work it together into a large ball, then roll it out to about 1/4 inch thickness. You can use a cookie cutter for shapes or a knife to cut strips.
- Roll out the scraps again and again until there's not enough dough left to work with.
- Please the treats on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray (I used parchment paper instead). Also, note they don't expand so you can cram them on there :).
- Bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Makes 75+ treats (number depends on size of treats you cut).
|Treats on the cooling rack! Almost ready!|