Please also note, these are gluten-free :).
1 Apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup Soy Flour
1/4 cup Oats
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. I used parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Add apple, peanut butter, and milk to dry mix and knead until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Form dough into flat logs about 5 inches wide and 1 inch high. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. This is where I had problems. My dough was crumbly and I couldn't get it to form together, so I just went with it, LOL.
|My version of 'logs' LOL.|
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut logs into 1 x 1 inch squares. This also didn't work for me because mine were already falling apart so I just tore them into chunks. I'm sure the dogs didn't even know the difference ;).
|Not quite pretty squares :)|
5. Place squares back onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until the pieces are dry and crunchy (I decided to not to do this step either because well mine weren't gourmet material, I was also sure the dog's wouldn't care, and the oven was making the kitchen hot!). Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen.
|Rookie was still excited to sample the wares and didn't care how the cookie looked.|
Oddly enough they smelled delicious, just like peanut butter cookies!