We crashed and burned...
|Image found on Wikicommons: Fir0002/Flagstaffotos|
All joking aside, it wasn't actually horrible - I have seen other people's dogs behave worse in the ring. And at the end of the day she was happy to be in the ring, there weren't any signs of major stress, and she was eager to work with me. She just couldn't gather herself enough to focus for the first few minutes in the ring - which is enough to garner us a non-qualifying run. And she couldn't handle the stay, which I knew going in would be a problem.
- She handled the show environment pretty well and wasn't reactive at all on Sunday.
- She stayed in the sit-stay while I walked all the way around the ring, she only stood up when I started walking towards her (which is huge for her!) both days.
- She did the sit for exam perfect both days.
- She did great on the recall
- She was excited to be at the show both days and eager to work with me.
- She had a lot of problem with heeling (which is one of her strengths!!) and was very curious about the whole ring and all the distractions.
- She forgot what a front was on Saturday, she remembered on Sunday but it was delayed.
But hey we had more high points than low points and now we know what kind of things are going to hard for her to handle. Life has been really crazy at my house lately so I was also at major fault here because I didn't put enough time into her training as I should have. Bad Erin!
But now we have a new goal - qualifying at the upcoming February show! :)
|I'm ready whenever you are!!|