Monday, May 4, 2015

Introducing...Topp Canine Solutions

While KPA is keeping me busy, I also have something else going on I haven't mentioned yet. Last year I got laid off from my corporate job (I loved what I was doing and my coworkers, but thank dog I don't have to work in a damn cubicle anymore!!!) and decided to start my own dog business :). INTRODUCING...

*drum roll inserted*

Topp Canine Solutions



I'm working on building up a client base and plan to keep this as a full-time business, which needless to say takes up a lot of time. So between KPA homework and working with clients, it can be hard to find time to sit in front of a computer! I do have a Website up (although that is also a work in progress I need to find more time for!) and a Facebook page ready for more fans (Check Me Out), but sadly the blog seems to suffer. I do plan to come back with a vengeance this Fall so hopefully everyone will stick with me for awhile. I have tons of blog post ideas, I just need a free assistant to write and photograph them LOL. Too bad Siri isn't quite that helpful :).

It's been a bit terrifying (and more than a little overwhelming) starting my own business, but even if I fail at being able to make enough to make it worthwhile I am SO glad I've got the chance to try something I've always wanted to do. I do find it hard being my own boss (hello procrastination...) but the satisfaction and happiness of my clients makes it so fulfilling. Personally, I am much happier and less stressed than I was working for a paycheck (although sometimes I dearly miss that paycheck lol). There are certainly sacrifices, but I am very lucky that my husband has a great job and is very supportive of this venture.

I did manage to pay my husband back a little and I supported his softball team this year - I do have to stay the jersey's are a bit badass :). It's so much fun seeing people wearing my logo!



If you could have any career what would it be? Is there anything holding you back from pursuing those dreams?

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! There's nothing like living your dream. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm sure it will be a roller coaster ride :)

      Delete
  2. What a coincidence, I was let go from my job after returning from a mission trip to Mongolia. So, I started my own business too! I agree, things are crazy as you move forward. Sometimes, I am working even more than full time as a relief veterinarian. Thankfully, it is paying the bills and I am able to travel, too. So far, much of Wisconsin and 3 months in the US Virgin Islands (during the winter!) have been amazing. Good luck in your ventures!!

    ReplyDelete