Monday, March 10, 2014

Oh Majestic...

This weekend was Majestic's birthday - I celebrated by picking up a foster dog (more on him later). I think she would have approved :).

I love her smiley face. This is one of my favorite pictures of her :)
It's been several years since we lost her and like everything else, time dulls the pain. She also doesn't pop into my thoughts as much which makes me sad when I think about it. Her memories seem to come in waves and sometimes I even catch myself calling Monday by Majestic's name. Hey they are both M's, sometimes it can get confusing :). Monday doesn't seem to mind - after all Majestic is the reason Monday found her way into my life.

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. ~Thom Jones



I still haven't finished (or even really started) the scrapbook I had planned for her. I should really sit down one of these days and work on that. I have at least gathered all the photos:). 

Do you do something special for beloved pets to help savor their memories?

...what we have enjoyed, we can never lose...all that we love deeply becomes a part of us. ~Helen Keller





No comments:

Post a Comment