Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lighten up, it's Christmas

Despite the lack of snow and cold temps, it IS December and we are starting to get into the Holiday spirit. Last night the tree was unearthed from the basement and drug up to the living room. Luckily, I have just a mini, pre-lit tree so setting it up consisted of taking it out of the box, 'fluffing' it, and plugging it in. TA-DA! I love easy. This year we set it up on the china hutch instead of on the toy box so I shouldn't need the ex-pen surrounding it to keep the dogs out. Makes it look a little less like the tree is in a time out! :)

Don't get your tinsel in a tangle

I do also have ornaments to put on the tree, so I wasn't quite done after plugging it in. Obviously not very many since it's such a small tree, but the few that I have are near and dear to my heart. Psst, here's a secret - they are all dog related! Ha, you probably already guessed that. The first one is my favorite and I totally need one of these for all my dogs.

Made by Sally's Bits of Clay. You should totally check out her site!!
















I guess Bourbon is a bit spoiled but he is the eldest :). He is also featured, along with Majestic, in thse cute ornament frames I found several years ago.















Apparently, I need to get out there and find more adorable ornament frames to put the rest of the crew's photos in. Good thing they can't really see the ornaments on the tree or I'm sure it would hurt their feelings. I do at least have a general ornament that encompasses the whole crew, so I'm not totally heartless :).


I'm pretty sure my mom gave this one year :).
















Be jolly by golly

Under the tree I always place pictures of each kid dog with Santa. I also need to update these, but November got a little away from me and I didn't get photos scheduled. Bad mom. Next year will be Bourbon's and Vito's turns as their pictures are the oldest. Last year Baron went in for his pictures and it turned out okay. Well, Baron looked great but the Santa needed some work. No comments on Monday's picture from the year before...it's a bit...well...yea I have nothing.

Monday and Bourbon




















Vito and Baron





















As you can tell, I enjoy torturing my dogs :). Hey, that's the price you have to pay for presents at my house! But I do also do a nice thing for them - I hang stockings for them. That way Santa can leave them goodies that are theirs for the keeping and they don't have to share them. Each stocking is clearly labeled with their initial, which then got confusing since I have two B's. But everyone knows that since Bourbon came first the first B stocking is his. I hang them in the order they were adopted :). Makes sense to me!

















May your Christmas be wrapped in happiness and tied with love

No comments:

Post a Comment