Saturday, June 15, 2013

Going to Court

Yesterday I took the day off so that I could go to court for Animal Control. No, not for myself! LOL, but I was a 'witness' of sorts. See there is a person in my neighborhood who continually lets their dog run loose and I am beyond done dealing with it. It has been going on for more than a year and a half and it has affected my dogs. Not to mention the danger it puts their dog in, we live in a pretty high-traffice area!! So Nicholas and I were all ready to go and say our piece and back up our complaints that had finally resulted in citations (which they were contesting).

I was a bit nervous, never having gone to court before. And I had no idea what I was actually needed for - would it basically be my word against her word? But I decided that I had to do this because otherwise I really wouldn't have the right to complain. If I was going to be calling Animal Control to deal with the loose dog all the time, then I needed to stand behind my calls.

Well interestingly enough, they came in and paid their citations last week and admitted they were at fault. No one from the City or from Animal Control notified us, so we were ready and at the Courthouse for nothing. Which in the end was fine - I had the day off to spend with Nicholas and we got to get some things done around the house. But it was also a bit disappointing as well, I was interested in how the process worked and what would be expected of us. Oh well. Hopefully, they have learned their lesson and their dog will safely be contained from now on so we can restart walking that direction on the block again. Monday misses the kids that used to feed her treats :).

Check back next week to see what we accomplished today at the house...of course it is a dog-related project :). Here are your hints:








No comments:

Post a Comment