Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Cheddar Pumpkin Treats {gluten-free}

It's been awhile since I made treats at home for the puppers! The days are so full with stuff I don't have much downtime to bake :), but I found myself with some free time the other day, so I whipped out a recipe from Doggie Dessert Chef to try.

Ingredients

1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup of Oats
1/2 cup of Soy Flour

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

2.  Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.

I'd say the ingredients are well combined :)
3.  Spread by hand onto the prepared baking sheet 1/4 inch thick. Take a pizza cutter and score the dough horizontally and then vertically to make a grid. [In the interest of full disclosure, I did not do it this way. I can never make this way work for me, ugh. So I made little cookies about 1/2 tablespoon size.]

My 'cookies' ... LOL, the whole scoring and breaking into pieces
thing never works for me!
4.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned at the edges. [Back to the full disclosure thing - I baked mine for 15 minutes and then Nicholas's mom stopped by and I got distracted and I'm sure they baked for at least 10 more minutes! LOL, I did tell you that I'm not real good at baking right?!? Mine did turn out fine, as shown above!]

5.  Cool and break into pieces, then refrigerate. [My dogs go through them so fast, I don't bother refrigerating. Plus, mine were a bit...um...harder :).]

Feed us now woman, and no one gets hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment