Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Holiday Happenings

We are finally done with Christmas, whew! After 6 family gatherings, we are exhausted but excited to welcome the new year :). It was really hard to get into the holiday spirit this year and we weren't quite as festive as last year, but it was still great seeing everyone and spending time with family. I got a very cute and dear-to-my-heart ornament for the tree this year.

It matches Bourbon's ornament and is made by the same person - Sally's Bits of Clay.

I also added a few cute ones I picked up last year after Christmas when everything was on sale :). You can never have too many dog ornaments on your tree (I think I only have 2 or 3 non-dog related ornaments lol)!

It looked almost just like her, I couldn't resist.
Vito needed to add his picture to the tree too :). Now I just have to put a picture in it, lol!

This year Rookie also got his santa picture taken so he could join the crew under the tree. I put him in Baron's frame (and moved Baron's to his picture pile for scrapbooking!). He is a bit of nut :). I suppose now I will need to get an ornament for him next year.

He was in full form that day :).

Unfortunately, I didn't do much celebrating with the dogs this year, not like last year when i found their magical Christmas list and they had an amazing Secret Santa experience. I will have to make up next year when we are in better spirits. But I did manage to procure a few gifts for each of the monsters :). It wouldn't be Christmas without a new toy - or in Monday's case a new piece of wardrobe!

Pretty in Pink!



I absolutely love this new harness and it is completely lined with fleece so hopefully it won't rub what is left of her hair off :). It's also created by a company that supports TTouch (which is where Monday's current harness is from) so it should allow plenty of movement with no restrictions. It looks mighty pretty on her :).

My mom took pity on poor Vito got him another Kong Wubba (this one squeeks!) this year. He does love those damn things lol. He was, of course, over-the-moon with excitement when I gave it to him.

The look on his face says it all...my precious...

He *might* have gotten a bit possessive as usual :).

He is really entertaining to watch with his toy though. I suppose if he's not going to share it with anyone, he at least plays really well by himself :).




Bourbon also got his gift from someone else (mommy was a slacker this year!). Our friend LeAnn picked him up some of those stuffing-free toys with squeekers. I gave him the raccoon to start with :). You can see him in the two videos above quietly working on killing the squeekers. He is pretty methodological about destruction :).


Of course Rookie got a new ball, lol.

I got Rookie's ball from the PBRC auction '12 days of Pitmas'.  It's pretty awesome! It's a large Jive ball designed by West Paw and is totally standing up to his tough chewing :). He pretty much loves it.



We also had a houseguest over the holiday - Miss Penny came for a couple of days and Rookie quite certainly fell in love :). He followed her around and looked at her like she was his Christmas present. He was soo polite with her and very un-Rookie-like. It was pretty hilarious as Penny just ignored him. Poor Rookie has unrequited love :).

She is very pretty, you can see why Rookie would be smitten :).

Hope everyone had a great Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment